A On line casino in Enid, Alright???.If an Indian tribe, worked through every one of the bureaucratic process with the Bureau of Indian Affairs and may build a casino in downtown Enid, would you be for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos across the state, you probably run into others you know from Enid, partaking inside recreation given by the casinos. These are the same somebody that has left our town and they are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping on the stores, eating at the restaurants, and staying in the hotels in the area.
A brief history:
The power to run bingo games was one of the numerous concessions made to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person designed a bingo game that appeared as if a slot machine game. We have all seen the tiny digital bingo card at the top corner from the display screen of the video slot. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos began to spring up everywhere. After all, you're still playing bingo, just in a very new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact between your tribes along with the State of Oklahoma allowed using Vegas style slot machines, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and casinos were built and they are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino can only be built within historic tribal boundaries after which placed in a trust with all the U.S. government. Since Enid doesn't have any casino, would be that the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it turned out found, that prior to the Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part from the Cherokee Outlet, occupied with the Cherokee people following a Treaty of New Echota and also the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the location was a hunting ground with the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us being within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive aspects of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are delivered to operate tribal governments and programs due to the citizens. In addition, a portion in the revenue is split with the State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes use the revenues to enhance infrastructure.
3. Related places of interest are built.
4. Jobs are set up.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons found out that over 80 percent with the visitors to casinos were interested in also doing something apart from gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions including family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian entrepreneurs.
10. Casinos give a magnet for outside money that did not previously exist.
11. Local resident who used to travel outside with the area now stays within the location.
12. More construction jobs are created building casinos.
13. Gambling is definitely an accepted opportinity for governments to boost funds. It is seen as source of money that is easier to obtain which is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities the next businesses showed an boost in profits, attendance, and customers after an internet casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited more frequently
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative facets of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge on what well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes a dependancy.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time used on useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour huge amounts of money into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes can also be influencing gambling and also other policies affecting Native Americans by handing a lot to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there is an increase inside the following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is named an action addiction. When gambling, those hormones, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles more often, it results in tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, so that it takes more gambling far better stakes, to find the equal high. Recent studies show that slot machine gambling fires up the human brain the same way that cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If a casino were to petition arrive at downtown Enid, what would be your opinion? Do you think it poker online pakai pulsa will enhance our community or bring social problems we may not want to handle?